EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES - 1 LISTED
TITLE: PART TIME BUS DRIVER
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work year: 10 months
1. High School graduate or G.E.D., preferred.
2. Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently.
3. Must be able to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
4. Must have ability to operate a school bus.
5. Must possess and maintain a valid Class B Arizona Commercial Drivers License.
6. Must qualify and maintain an Arizona School Bus Drivers Certificate.
7. Satisfactorily complete a course of training with a minimum of 14 hours of classroom instruction, and 20 hours behind the wheel.
1. Must be physically able to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects weighing a minimum of 50 pounds, frequently.
2. Must be physically able to ascend/descend ladders and walk and/or stand for extended periods of time.
3. Must be physically able to meet the vision and hearing requirements set by U.S. Department of Transportation.
4. Must possess adequate manual dexterity to operate bus and any accompanying equipment.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Including, but not limited to the following)
1. Performs routine tasks to operate a multi-passenger school bus, exercising good judgment over designated routes in accordance with time schedules, picking up and discharging students, stopping traffic, when necessary.
2. Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe ingress and egress from vehicle including both emergency situations (including bus evacuations) and normal transport.
3. Transports student and teachers on field trips, (as needed) traveling to various locations (possibly requiring overnight lodging), choosing the best route and meeting time schedules for departure, and arrival.
4. Maintains order among students on the vehicle in accordance with established procedures ensuring safety of passengers at all times.
5. Follows District Policies regarding maintaining order, discipline of students and contact other District staff and/or parents.
6. Attends meetings, trainings, etc. for the purpose of maintaining skills and meeting requirements of school bus certificate.
7. Cleans, services, and maintains vehicle, both interior and exterior for the purpose of maintaining appearance, sanitation and safety of vehicle in accordance with District Policies, taking corrective action of deficiencies found, reporting those that are beyond driver’s ability to correct.
8. Maintains assigned vehicle with approved fuel, oil, coolant, etc. for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
9. Interacts with students, teachers, and staff.
10. Administers first aid as required.
11. Completes all District required paperwork.
12. Other duties as assigned.
The Bus Driver reports to the Director of Transportation. The Bus Driver will interact cooperatively with all other staff positions. All elements of good human relations will be practiced.
It is illegal to discriminate against any individual (other than an alien not authorized to work in the U.S.) in hiring, discharging, or recruiting or referring for a fee because of that individual's national origin or citizenship status. It is illegal to discriminate against work eligible individuals. Employers cannot specify which document(s) they will accept from an employee. The refusal to hire an individual because of a future expiration date may also constitute illegal discrimination.